Thursday, January 8, 2009

BLOGGER BREAKFAST

BEFORE flying to La Guardia on Friday, I had breakfast at the Jet Restaurant on the wrong side of the Dane County Airport, with Evan of The Bi-Coloured Python-Rock-Snake blog, one of my favorites.

Evan turned out to be not too shabby hisself. A fellow Lutheran, a classicist, and serving his country at Fort Army Central (Bragg), he was on his way back from "leave" (what we schmugs call "vacation") and we hooked up over eggs and coffee.

I can't tell you what we talked about, or he'd have to kill me. But it was very interesting. You want a piece of it, go check out his blog.

4 comments:

Elephantschild said...

Yup - he's a nice guy - even if he is my "baby" brother. Glad you guys could meet up!

We're all very proud of him, and I'm lucky to be able to call him "friend" as well as brother.

Bruce Gee said...

It would have been lots of fun for you to have joined us. But you wouldn't, I guarantee, have gotten a word in edgewise. We pretty well took up all the available airtime.

He did have nice things to say about his (slightly) older sister, though.

Elephantschild said...

OH, YEAH. I'm *sure* HE used the modifier "slightly."

LOL.

Bi-Coloured-Python-Rock-Snake said...

Haha, thanks for the shoutout, Bruce. This was my second time meeting a fellow Lutheran blogger (my first was with Melody of Boots on the Ground), and at this rate, I need to start doing this more often.